1.26.2015

Australia Day

E4E988FD-3042-461A-AE65-E9D92138F66C

3EB44859-C02A-4E15-9F15-F1B79E805770

A72211E3-C395-49B5-AC60-29B91AAE3EC9

Transfer week!!
So for starters I'll give you the update with transfers! I'm going back to the city! i have been transfered to the maylands area, which is in Dianella ward! so I'm in president and sister lindsays ward lol. my new companion is elder latu, and of course he is samoan! hahaha so I'm excited! and this most likely will be my last area! how crazy is that! I have not heard back from president about my release date.. I'll email him this week or I'll most likely see him soon. But
regardless, time is going so fast! I cant believe january is basically over! where did it go?? and feb is a short month also. 

This week my district meeting was all about teaching people, not lessons. how we have to pray and seek the gift of discernment so that when we are prompted by the holy ghost we can adapt our lesson to the needs of our investigators or whoever we are working with. we had an exp[erience of that this week where we were teaching this less active member about the baptismal covenant and what we promise to do when we are baptised. as we were teaching it just didnt feel right. we could tell that quinten wasn't engaged in what we were teaching and the spirit wasnt there due to a lack of mutual understanding. we were both prompted to first of all find out if he even believed in God. we had always assumed he did and so we skipped a crucial principle we teach when we are teaching non members, so we asked him. to our amazement he said no! ding ding ding! there it is.. so instantly I remembered when Aaron was teaching king lamoni about, well a lot of things, but particularly about how we can know if God does exist.

But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest.

And it came to pass that when Aaron had said these words, the king did bow down before the Lord, upon his knees; yea, even he did
prostrate himself upon the earth, and cried mightily, saying:

O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I
will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said
these words, he was struck as if he were dead.

what I love about this is the power that aaron taught with. the faith of the king. we can say all day long oh I dont know if God exists, he hasn't ever shown me anything, but unless we do something to find Him, we will never know. God will always be God, with or without our
prayers, but we will be nothing without praying to him!! we also see that aaron was all in... if he receives an answer, he will give away all
of his sins! thats amazing!

the book of mormon is just too good. I need to read it through one more time before I go home! I'm half through Jesus the Christ for the second time! I seriously love that book! thats like me fav free time thing to do is read Jesus the Christ!

well my time here in rockingham has been great but I'm excited to go somewhere new! time always goes so fast when you are in a new area
with a new companion and all that. I'll miss a few people. the whites for sure! bro and sister white are the coolest ever. i dont have a
phots with them right now but Ill take one tonight and send it next week! busy day today! so much packing and goodbyes today! also i gotta go get a fresh fade before i go to my new area! the best barber in WA is down here in rockingham! gonna miss the haircuts here. anyway thats it for me! I love you all so much. the church is true never forget it.
-elder jake guzzo



No comments:

Post a Comment