8.31.2014

I can honestly say I've never prayed like this in my life.

HEY! Ya know why fight it when you can just roll with it right? lol so yes I did tell her to add you!! They are a great family and they really look after us. Elder Pula started his mission in their ward and they loved him to death, and then I met them like she said in Merriwa and since the day I got here they have loved me and are so good to us. We are teaching their little girl Sienna the lessons on Tuesday night because she is about to be baptised. Being in their home reminds me of ours. They
show love the way we do..  I miss it.

So had a pretty crazy experience this week. Elder Kalio and I were walking to the Forrest's actually.. and as we were about to get to the train station there was this young lady sprawled out on the sidewalk with her belongings everywhere! she was crying and very upset! we ran up to her to help
and she just said that she had been mugged.. the usage of drugs was apparent so I'm not sure if her story all that believable, but REGARDLESS we started helping her and trying to calm her down. She was really in a bad way.. no shoes, no where to sleep (at least she said), dead phone, no money. My companion gives me the look like "WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO" and I felt the same way. All my life I've always had someone to look to when I don't know what to do. But not as a missionary, its just you. So we got all of her things together and got her up and we just started walking with her. We introduced ourselves and told her what we do. We began talking about God and what she thinks/believes about God. She said she believed in God but doesn't know why God has let this happen to her.. she feels forgotten about. It was hard, we didn't really know what to tell her... but we knew that we weren't the ones to tell her anything but that the spirit could. so we asked her if we could have a prayer with her and she agreed. I can honestly say I've never prayed like this in my life. I now know what it means to pray from your heart, with all your strength. I've never wanted anyone to feel the spirit more than I wanted her to right there. As we started praying she stopped crying but then as we finished she burst into tears again! She felt it. It was amazing! Whether or not we ever see her again I don't know, but I do know that meeting us that night changed her. She knows that Heavenly Father is there and hasn't forgotten her. It was pretty awesome.

Other than that this week was pretty normal. Ee are still struggling to find people to teach. We have one guy who is pretty keen but still not that solid. Anyway, time is flying already only two weeks left of this transfer! I love you and miss you all so much. Hope you all have a great week!
the church is true!
-Elder Guzzo

No comments:

Post a Comment