9.01.2013

My Aussie Elder is Keen As...

Momma!
I know last week was a lame email so hopefully this week will make up for it! I can not believe about kollin.. mom that breaks my heart for him! Their family will 100% be in my prayers and the prayers of my district... ah i dont even know what to say! 
Its so frustrating only getting one hour to email. On the bright side, once I leave this area I'll hopefully get more time, we are at the mercy of the public library in our area. However long they let people use computers each day is how long we get.. bummer I know. But I want you to know that I am doing really good. Truthfully I am loving being a missionary! Its 100% as hard as I thought it would be if not harder. I never knew what people meant when they say the mission is the hardest thing they have ever done but now I totally understand. First of all you are tired all the time. The Australia perth mission is a finding mission not a baptising mission. Obvioulsy we baptise people but I mean it just doesnt happen that often so we spend most of our time finding! Which is hard. Tracting is so inefective its unbelievable that missionaries are still required to tract. No one wants two random guys on their front porch selling religion, especially in australia. Some of the ways we find is we will walk the beach and just start talking to people there or go to a park and find people there. That works better, but still doesnt really work! On the bright side my people skills are already through the roof! I'm learning to articulate myself and just walking up and starting conversations with strangers really isnt that hard.
We found this keen as family a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if I told you this story but we were just sitting at this members house doing absolutley nothing one day and I got frustrated and said to elder pula lets go do something, so we left and went finding. About 30 minutes later we knocked on this guys door and he opened up and let us right in. He is a "kiwi" which means from new zealand, but we taught the most powerful restoration lesson and he was into it hard out. We set an appointment to meet next week and he was too busy but this last sunday we had another lesson and this time his wife was there! she was way cool, they are the cutest little family ever they have two little kids and luke and his wife are probably like late 20's? but yeah they are legit. We are working hard out to get members to fellowship with them and we are trying to get them to come to our practices we have for that culture night I was telling you about? We are doing maori songs and dances so it would be perfect for them to come! (Culture night is this thing that my ward puts on at the chapel and they perform dances and traditional performances from new zealand, samoa and phillipenes and yeah! haha I'm going to be doing the haka in it ahahahah its gonna be so mean. we have been practicing ever sense I got here for it, so I cant wait! I'll no doubt send you a video of it haha I do a mean haka!) Next time we meet with them we are gonna commit them to baptism so hopefully it goes well! okay so ** were frustrating this week we had a good lesson with them and we had the bishop there with us as well. Its so important to get members to come with us to our lessons! It just shows the investigators that real people belong to this church not just these dorky missionaries hahah but yeah a solid lesson and then I asked them to be baptized (which was amazing, asking somone to be baptised is the most spiritual experience) but they said they would pray about it and think on it. we set a potential date for the 21 of september and asked them to pray about that date! 

Oh mom I drove for the first time on the left side of the road this week! haha what a trip. It was just the elders car in our district! but yeah it was weird but I mean not that weird, you get used to it fast! And I saw kangaroos! They are goofy lookin things but, we arent supposed to get to close because if one kicks you, it could be real bad ha! 
 
Okay so now me, your boy is doing good I promise! I miss home like crazy no doubt but I'm slowly getting over it. The mission schedule is still kicking my butt but I'm getting there! the hardest thing is just being so busy all the time, like no one is this busy, NO ONE! ha but I cant believe the change I have already seen in myself. I have grown up so much in this past month, it's crazy. The biggest thing I have learned is with the help of my father in heaven and my savior Jesus Christ I can do anything. I have seen the power of prayer work more in this month than I have in my entire life. Its an amazing thing. Heavenly Father truly does love his missonaries and blesses them!
I love it! but yeah thats me for now. thanks for keeping me updated with the family and everything! K well I'm about ot get kicked off but I had a good week! I'm doing good. I love being a missionary! and I love you so so much! love you mom

Love,
Elder Guzzo


No comments:

Post a Comment