7.06.2014

The Most Amazing Week

Hello everyone!
This has been the busiest, most overwhelming, amazing week of my mission. I'm literally tired all the time. this week was constant go go go! transfers were hectic, picking a missionary up from the airport. I dont know how to explain it all that would make sense but just so BUSY!!
They do a program called "mini mission" here in the stake where priest age guys and girls get paired off with the missionaries or 5 days! they live with us and are basically missionaries for a short week. its pretty exciting for the youth to come out and do this. so not every companionship gets to have a mini missionary but elder poai and I were chosen. his name is khaleel. super nice kid but so unbelieveably shy. we picked him up up on saturday morning and he'll be with us till wednesday night. right when we got back to our area we had an appointment with ***** who is getting baptised on the 19th. we taught her the gospel of jesus christ! we had khaleel teach the last point, enduring to the end. he was so nervous! reminded me so much of being a new missionary! but he did a great job. I'm really impressed with how many youth will come out and do this mini misison. they are on school holidays so they are sacrificing precious time. I dont think when I was 17 I would have done it... very cool of them. after we taught ***** we went to see carrol. carrol is a fijian lady we found tracting. she is the sweetest most genuine lady ever. we went in and kept the same lesson plan that we had with ***** BUT at the end of this lesson I extended the invitation to be baptized by the priesthood authority of God. she looked up, paused... and said I would. yes, I will. it was the most textbook preach my gospel video lesson I have ever taught. this lesson showed me that Im a missionary. Ive been out an entire year and it finally shows.. my skills are being refined. I would have never in a million years pictured myself being able to teach like this. Ive learned to ask questions, listen, and teach to their needs. I dont mean to sound arrogant. ammon teaches us to boast not in ourselves but in the Lord. Im boasting of my heavenly father. the Lord truly blessed us that day! the faith of this young boy to give up his school holiday and come out with us brought a different spirit to the lesson. the Lord made sure we had a great experience so that khaleel can see the amazing side of misisonary work. what a blessing!
Another tender mercy I want to share with you. since i have been i the jandakot ward i have taken it upon myself to change the attitude of this ward in the mission. as you know last week was transfers and a new sister came into the area. she said to her companion. "Im so excited to be here, Ive heard amazing things about this ward and this district" WOW? two transfers ago people were dissapointed when they were called to come here... now its the place to be! and its nothing that specifically Ive done, but things heavenly father has shown us we need to do.
The assistants called and asked if we would be in their video for zone conference this week! haha we are supposed to give them a few video clips of us talking with everyone, a principle in preach my gospel. so we've been talking with everyone! one example today we pulled up to the drive through at mcdonalds and the lady took our order and asked anything else? and I asked have you ever wondered why you are here? where did you come from? and where are you going? hahhaha the lady didnt even respond it was so funny. so weve been doing goofy things like that hopefully it turns out good!
elder eti is from tuvalu! i do know that the fiji mission covers tuvalu. sounds like a fun week back home! oh and you know in sacrament meeting(fast and testimony meeting) i got up and went on a little rant about how proud I am to be American and how the independence of a free nation was a vital part in the restoration of the Lords kingdom here on earth. I tried not to be too loud and proud USA but i had too. hahah over all a great week. so so so busy i think when i sat down just barely it was the first time i though about home all week. Not that i dont miss all of you and pray for you all. my mind is just sinking deeper and deeper. i love you all.

-elder jake guzzo

image.jpeg

Grilling at a ward party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment